TBR Intervention is a weekly challenge hosted by Dani@RefractedLight, Anayami@Whatever You Can Still Betray & April@Books4Juliet.
The goal of this challenge is to help each other (fellow readers and bloggers) manage our enormous and constantly growing TBR (To-Be-Read) List. The rules are simple and everyone is encouraged to participate. It does not force you to commit to more than what you can manage to read in a week or so, but participants are encouraged to read at least one book within a week. You are free to choose the book you want to read and commit to this challenge. You may post your entry every Saturday, at the frequency of your choice--EVERY WEEK or EVERY TWO WEEKS. However, we will sponsor this event regularly every Saturday. 

Here are the rules: 

1. Post the book(s) you committed to read in your last TBR Intervention post and tell us something about it. Did you finish it? Did you enjoy it or not? Post the link to your review (if you have one). 
 
2. Post a book that you want to read and already own. Pick something that has been sitting on your shelf for too long now (6 months or longer). Commit to read the book in the next couple of days or week.

3. Grab the TBR Intervention Button and post it on your blog sidebar so you will be constantly reminded of the challenge, making it easier for you to commit. This will also encourage other readers/bloggers/visitors to join the challenge.

4. Add the link to your post in the Linky below and make sure to visit the other blogs. Comment, encourage, and spread the love to our fellow readers. 
Last weeks TBR Book: 
 The Host
Author: Stephenie Meyer 

So I'm almost done with The Host. I forgot how long it takes to read a book over 600 pages so I'm a little behind but I should finish it today. :) So I am successful. I'm mad at myself for not reading it sooner. Like I am really enjoying it! Especially the whole their hiding in a mountain in Arizona thing. I live in AZ so its making me happy that a book actually has AZ in it. :) Not to mention the story is pretty good too! Lol. I definitely am enjoying this book more than I though I would! I should have my review up on this later today when I finish it or tomorrow. I'd more likely go with tomorrow though. Lol. I'll post a link to it when its up. :)


This week I'm committing to read: 
 Lock and Key
Author: Sarah Dessen 

Summary from Goodreads:
"Ruby, where is your mother?" Ruby knows that the game is up. For the past few months, she's been on her own in the yellow house, managing somehow, knowing that her mother will probably never return.That's how she comes to live with Cora, the sister she
hasn't seen in ten years, and Cora's husband Jamie, whose down-to-earth demeanor makes it hard for Ruby to believe he founded the most popular networking Web site around. A luxurious house, fancy private school, a new wardrobe, the promise of college and a future—it's a dream come true. So why is Ruby such a reluctant Cinderella, wary and defensive? And why is Nate, the genial boy next door with some secrets of his own, unable to accept the help that Ruby is just learning to give?


So I chose this book for two reasons. 1. Its been sitting on my shelf for probably at least 8 or so months and it needs to be read. 2. Sam @ Books For All Seasons just recently reviewed this which made me kick it up on my TBR list. So I figure this week is a perfect week to tackle the book. :) 

4 comments:

  1. Glad you're enjoying The Host! I've heard Meyer's adding two other books to this one, so I'll be interested to see where she takes this story.

    I've never read anything of Sarah Dessen's before, but I hope you enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I loved The Host. I thought it was a great book and can't wait to see how the movie turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you like Lock and Key as much as I. I'm going to reread this book next week. Thank you for sharing your next TBR list.

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! for THE HOST! I love love love Stephenie Meyer's books and this one made me cried! I'm not sure if I was being emotional that time, but it really hit me... I cried more than once. It was a moving story and I love Wanda and Ian =)

    I have Along for the Ride by Sarrah Dessen and I hope to read it soon. I heard so many good things about her books so probably we get to enjoy her writing and her stories =) good luck to us!

    Sorry, my visit is kinda late.. I've been away and it's nice to be back and visit some blogs again. I've been busy lately... I hope you had a pretty awesome weekend =)

    xoxoxo, april

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)