Unearthly (Unearthly #1)
Author: Cynthia Hand
Publisher: HarperTeen
Publication Date: January 4, 2011
Pages: 435
Source: Hardcover/Library

In the beginning, there's a boy standing in the trees . . . .

Clara Gardner has recently learned that she's part angel. Having angel blood run through her veins not only makes her smarter, stronger, and faster than humans (a word, she realizes, that no longer applies to her), but it means she has a
purpose, something she was put on this earth to do. Figuring out what that is, though, isn't easy.

Her visions of a raging forest fire and an alluring stranger lead her to a new school in a new town. When she meets Christian, who turns out to be the boy of her dreams (literally), everything seems to fall into place—and out of place at the same time. Because there's another guy, Tucker, who appeals to Clara's less angelic side.

As Clara tries to find her way in a world she no longer understands, she encounters unseen dangers and choices she never thought she'd have to make—between honesty and deceit, love and duty, good and evil. When the fire from her vision finally ignites, will Clara be ready to face her destiny?

Unearthly is a moving tale of love and fate, and the struggle between following the rules and following your heart.

Review:
I wasn't sure if I was going to like this book seeing as it wasn't even on my radar until I saw it at the library and picked it up. So after finding out it is about angels I decided to give it a go. I definitely enjoyed this more than I expected to! Unearthly isn't like any of the other angel books I've read, which made me want to read it that much more! I loved the whole idea of having a purpose on earth. It made the story amazingly good! I enjoyed following Clara as she learned more about her purpose and the history of the angels. I found the history of the angels and all that comes with being part angel very interesting. Such as how glory works, how you can make another angel show themselves and the languages. It was all so cool! I also enjoyed her friends, they made the story fun in times where her purpose wasn't the main focus. So far my favorite friend of hers is Angela, not just because we find out she's a lot like Clara but also because she was also a lot of fun. 


Ok, now to the boys. I don't have a team right now, I really don't. I'm so torn between Tucker and Christian! I really liked how the author portrayed them both and because of that I can't decide. Christian sounds really hot the way he's described, and after Tucker started opening up more to Clara he ended up being really sweet. I think I'm more on team Christian after what we learned at the end of the book about him. I'll admit, finding out what he is was a total shock to me! It definitely left me wanting Hallowed to hurry up and come out even more than I wanted it already!

I'd definitely suggest this to others, especially if you like angel books! And also if you want to read a story more about the good angels than the fallen angels. Don't get me wrong, fallen angel stories are amazing but its nice to change it up with a story about the good ones too! :)

No comments:

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)