Return To Paradise (Leaving Paradise #2)
Author: Simone Elkeles
Publisher: Flux
Publication Date: September 1, 2010
Pages: 302
Source: Paperback/Library

Caleb Becker left Paradise eight months ago, taking with him the secret he promised to take to his grave. If the truth got out, it would ruin everything.

Maggie Armstrong tried to be strong after Caleb broke her heart and disappeared. Somehow, she managed to move on. She's dermined to make a new life for herself.

But then Caleb and Maggie are forced together on a summer trip. They try ignoring their passion for each other, but buried feelings resurface. Caleb must face the truth about the night of Maggie's accident, or the secret that destroyed their relationship will forever stand between them. 


Review: This is the first Simone Elkeles book I read. Yes, I know, Leaving Paradise comes before this book but hey, I go with what I can get my hands on at the library. I can buy some books but not that many. Lol. So even without reading Leaving Paradise I still understood the story. The way Simone writes is amazing! She continued with the story but still gave enough info on the events prior that even people who didn't read the first book could follow along with no problem. I can definitely see why like EVERYONE loves her books. 

I loved how everything was kept real. There was no sugarcoating of anyone's feelings and at times there is even cussing. I actually liked that because it showed the raw emotions of Caleb and Maggie. It showed the anger and pain and everything behind the whole situation. I also loved how they tried so hard to stay away from each other but even despite the situation they still had feelings for each other. 

Now the struggle Caleb went through to try and keep the fact that it wasn't really him who hit Maggie a secret was also interesting too. He was so dead set of protecting his sister that he was willing to risk losing Maggie forever over her not being able to trust him. I loved when the truth came out though. Caleb and Maggie finally got to move on and eventually trust each other again and give each other another chance. It also let Caleb go home to Paradise and face his family. 

I also enjoyed getting to know the others on the Re-START trip such as Erin, Trish and Matt. Matt turned out to be a good friend to others and Erin... Even though she was quiet you could always sense there was more to the story than she let on. And at the end when Lenny finally opened up to Caleb. I found that shocking. I kind of understood why he acted like he did after learning that. 

I would definitely recommend this book to others! It was a great read and it kept you wanting more until the end. I read this book in only a couple hours it was so good. I just couldn't put it down. 

1 comment:

  1. I loved this series, I glad you liked it and thank you for the review.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)