Remember Me includes Remember Me, The Return & The Last Story
Author: Christopher Pike
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Publication Date: July 6, 2010
Pages: 789
Source: Paperback/Own

She won't let them forget…


Shari Cooper wakes up dead. The last thing she can remember is falling from a balcony during her friend's party. Her death has been ruled a suicide, but Shari knows she was murdered. All of her closest friends are now suspects. As she tries to find her killer from the other side, she discovers her friends may not have been so loyal to her after all. Now, Shari is not just out for justice, she's out for revenge….

Review: I normally try to summarize the book a little in my review but this one was so long I cant do that without making my review go on forever. I really enjoyed this book! It made me think about how important life really is. It never ceases to amaze me how a life can end so soon when you haven't even had a chance to really live. Shari Cooper died at 18. She had her whole life ahead of her and it was taken away just like that. When she dies though she's reunited with a friend who died before her, Peter. They talk and realize they love each other and that they had for a while and never knew it. I enjoyed how the book goes into ghosts and what happened after Shari died. It gave you the point of view from the deceased and not the living which was a new spin on things. I also enjoyed how not only was their the story on earth about Shari's death but the separate story of Shari and Peter inter-wound in that. I loved how when the two of them returned to physical bodies they found themselves again (who they were based on their souls) and their love story continued. I really loved the Shari/Peter love story. It was so beautiful and very beautifully written. It was also beautiful because Shari and Peter were in contact with certain friends and family who believed that even in the different bodies the souls were still of Shari and Peter. I loved how when Shari returned to a physical body she took the mission she was sent to do seriously. She wrote books, books that inspired people. She also realize divine love which was basically the main goal of returning. The details and explanations were great. They really made you understand things and picture everything. I could see many of the scenes very clearly in my head. I love how this book wasn't just focused on love. I took a few things from this book. The first is that true/divine love really can conquer all, that seems scarce these days but it does happen. :) Second is that when your given a second chance to live it to its fullest. You never know how long you have to live, so live each day like its your last. It also inspired me to do many things I haven't yet done and in some ways it actually gave me inspiration to start writing something. This book isn't only a great book but i think its inspirational too. I definitely recommend it to others.

No comments:

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)