Divergent (Divergent #1)
Author: Veronica Roth
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books
Publication Date: May 3, 2011
Pages: 487
Source: Hardcover/Own

Beatrice "Tris" Prior has reached the fateful age of sixteen, the stage at which teenagers in Veronica Roth's dystopian Chicago must select which of five factions to join for life. Each faction represents a virtue: Candor, Abnegation, Dauntless, Amity, and Erudite. To the surprise of herself and her selfless Abnegation family, she chooses Dauntless, the path of courage. Her choice exposes her to the demanding, violent initiation rites of this group, but it also threatens to expose a personal secret that could place in mortal danger. Veronica Roth's young adult Divergent trilogy launches with a captivating adventure about love and loyalty playing out under most extreme circumstances.

Review: OMG!!!!!!!! I know why everyone's obsessed with this now. This book had me hooked from the start. I didn't wanna put it down. I had to force myself to put it down to sleep sometimes. Lol. I loved this book so so much. Everyone knows I love dystopian novels so this book is definitely up my alley. First of all, Veronica Roth did an incredible job at writing this book. It got you hooked and kept you hooked. I loved the idea of this book, ONE CHOICE! I cant imagine how hard it would be to decide on a faction. But then again, based on reading and taking the online tests I already knew what I'd choose and what I'd be. I'll reveal that later. I really enjoyed learning about the factions, especially Dauntless, they seemed really interesting. The whole "Faction before blood" thing was an interesting concept too. I found the different training and initiations very interesting, being based on the virtue of that faction. I like Dauntless training. Learning how to fight and overcome your fears are very good things to know in general and I enjoyed each character growing as they went through training. 

I loved getting to know Tris and Four/Tobias. They were my favorite out of everyone. Tris made a big jump going to Dauntless and learned a lot. She completely transformed herself into a fairly new person. Well, if I learned to fight and to overcome my fears like that I'm pretty sure I would be too. Lol. I also liked how she had to figure out a way to hide her Divergence in certain things. I cant imagine how hard that must have been. Four/Tobias, I really liked him right from when he was introduced. He wasn't as hardcore and mean as Eric and I liked that he showed he had a soft spot inside. I really liked that he worried about Tris and helped her with her Divergence problem. I also liked how their relationship grew as they got closer. I love Tris and Four/Tobias together. Big fan of them. I loved the things they had in common. I also loved how at the end in the middle of the chaos Tris's mom saves her and reveals her secret to Tris. 

Overall I loved loved loved this book. Like this goes right to the top of my fave books. Not to mention its also a dystopian which I love so that makes it even better. Another reason why its at the top of my faves list. Lol. This is a no brainer. I DEFINITELY suggest this to other people!!!!!!!!!! 

And just so everyone knows. I'm Dauntless!!!!!! I took the quiz on facebook and I just knew from the beginning based on everything I'd be Dauntless! Just thought I'd share that.

3 comments:

  1. I'm really glad you liked this as much as everyone else. I just can't wait for Insurgent to be released. Especially after they revealed that gorgeous cover! :D

    Thanks for sharing,
    Carina @ Fictional Distraction

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely loved this book, too. I absolutely devoured it -- I read it in one sitting. I couldn't put it down. Tris and Tobias are definitely an awesome couple. I agree about her mom. What I liked about that is that Veronica Roth showed her divergence by showing her courage and her selflessness in one act. I can't wait for Insurgent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard this book is very good. I like the cover a lot. The concept of the plot is very unique, different, unusual even. Great review! Thank you for sharing it! Hehe.

    Sam

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)