- Capital: Denver
- Nickname: Centennial State
- Motto: Nil Sine Numine - Nothing Without The Deity
- State Animal: Rocky Mountain Bighorn Sheep
- State Bird: Lark Bunting
- State Flower: White and Lavender Columbine
- State Songs: Where The Columbines Grow and Rocky Mountain High (I like that song) :)
- The largest flat-top mountain in the world is located in Colorado. It is known as Grand Mesa.
- Colorado means “colored red”(I didnt know that before)
- Colorado contains 75% of the land area of the U.S. with an altitude over 10,000 feet.
- The United States Air Force Academy is located in Colorado Springs.
- A strange state law that would seem common sense states that it is illegal for any person to throw a missile at a car. (LOL!)
So I actually learned a few things researching Colorado! So now on to the giveaway!
Books To Choose From:
- Nightshade (or Wolfsbane or Bloodrose) by Andrea Cremer
- Rules of Atrraction (Perfect Chemictry #2) by Simone Elkeles
- Monument 14 (Monument 14, #1) by Emmy Laybourne
- US Only
- Ends August 13 (so it'll run for 3 weeks)
- Winner will have 48 hours to respond to email