With All My Soul (Soul Screamers #7)
Author: Rachel Vincent
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Publication Date: March 26, 2013
Pages: 377
Source: Paperback/Library

What does it mean when your school is voted the most dangerous in America? It's time to kick some hellion butt...

After not really surviving her junior year (does "undead" count as survival?), Kaylee Cavanaugh has vowed to take back her school from the hellions causing all the trouble. She's going to find a way to turn the incarnations of Avarice, Envy and Vanity against one another in order to protect her friends and finish this war, once and forever.

But then she meets Wrath and understands that she's closer to the edge than she's ever been. And when one more person close to her is taken, Kaylee realizes she can't save everyone she loves without risking everything she has....



*Contains spoilers to previous book (Before I Wake)*

Review: I think this is a fantastic ending to the series! Though I have to admit, I'm so sad to see it go! This is one of my fave series and even though it had a great ending I'm so sad there isn't going to be anymore books in the series!!! Anyways! I thought we had seen the worst of everything in Before I Wake but there is definitely some things in With All My Soul that even topped those events. This book just sent your emotions on a roller coaster! One minute you were happy, the next scared, then angry, then in tears. I was actually brought to tears at one point in this book!!! It seriously happened. I haven't cried over a scene in a book in a while but this book brought it out of me. 

So I wanna start with the Hellions. I swear, they will stop at nothing to get Kaylee's soul! Even if that means yet again, taking her dad. Seriously. Doesn't taking the same person over and over again get old? Honestly. This time though, they made it epically hard to get him back. Kaylee and everyone attempted a rescue mission; which only ended in some people getting hurt and unable to travel back between worlds. Which then created another problem! Not only did the Hellions have Kaylee's dad but they also were after those who got stuck. Luckily, those people did a fantastic job at hiding from the Hellions. Though that didn't help Kaylee and everyone find them either. That was kinda a lose/win/lose situation. Now what I kinda saw coming. Well, obviously we saw those dang Hellions taking over other peoples bodies yet again to talk to Kaylee. So it doesn't shock me anymore. What I didn't see coming; Ira, the Hellion of Wrath. I really didn't get why he got involved in this for a while. I was definitely blindsided by his showing up since he hasn't up until this book. Though he definitely played a unique role in everything!

So where to start with the group. Easiest first I guess. I was really happy to see Nash moving on with Sabine. After all that trying to get Kaylee back and failing he finally realized he wasn't meant to be with her. He was still a great friend to her and still cared a whole lot about her but he did move on. I'm proud of him for that! Emma. Omgosh!!! I felt so bad for her. She had to adjust to living in Lydia's body; which was not easy for her at all. First of all, only Kaylee and the group knew she was actually still there, so she had to go to her own funeral and even see her family while they all thought she was dead. That was so hard on Emma. Then on top of that, being in Lydia's body gave Emma all of Lydia's syphon abilities. So she had to learn to control that as well. That poor girl just could not get a break. Now on to Sophie. So we found out that she does have half the bean sidhe heritage in her, but only just half. She has the bean sidhe wail and can cross over, but she cant scream for souls. I thought that was very interesting. On the brightside, she wasn't being so ignorant and bratty in this book. That's a step up right?? We also learned that Kaylee's dad and mom were soulmates. Like legit soulmates. They each had a piece of each others soul. So there's a whole story around that as well. And last but not least Uncle Brendon and Nash's mom Harmony. So they start dating in this book. I really did not see that one coming. But I totally have to admit, SO CUTE!!!!!  There was just so much that happened, and so much that was revealed in this book that I'm still wrapping my head around it.

The last few chapters. Man. My heart was breaking so much! I cried during them! Kaylee... What she did... I cant imagine how hard it must have been for her to do that. Though I did love how she managed that little deal with Ira. That was great! A few of those chapters though were so hard to read. I just cant even put into words the ending. You have to read it for yourself to understand the roller coaster of emotions. But overall, it was a very satisfying ending (after the crying). 

5 Stars!

No comments:

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)