The Evolution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer #2)
Author: Michelle Hodkin
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Publication Date: October 23, 2012
Pages: 544
Source: Hardcover/Own

Mara Dyer once believed she could run from her past.

She can’t.

She used to think her problems were all in her head.

They aren’t.

She couldn’t imagine that after everything she’s been through, the boy she loves would still be keeping secrets.

She’s wrong.

In this gripping sequel to The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, the truth evolves and choices prove deadly. What will become of Mara Dyer next?



Review: Man. This book... SOOOOO SOOOO GOOD!!!!!! I absolutely loved the first one but this book took the trilogy to new heights. I have to admit. When I first finished the book I was absolutely speechless. I couldn't even begin to put my emotions into words. But I let the book settle with me for a day or so and I think I can talk about it now. Lol. I'll try and keep this review spoiler free. I think I should start with Mara. She wakes up in a mental hospital (though they wont call it that). I felt so bad for her. She wasn't seeing things, Jude was alive, but all everyone else thought was that she's crazy because they all thought he was dead and she was going through a bad spot in her PTSD. I really felt for her. The only person that believed her was Noah. YAY NOAH! I'm so glad she had him through everything. He was pretty much her rock while she thought she was losing it. Especially when Mara started finding things in her bag, room, porch etc. She knew it was Jude behind all the crazy things that were happening to her. But the only person she had to tell was Noah. Her own family wouldn't believe her about anything. I was so glad Noah was helping her figure things out though. Though I think they just unearthed more questions about everything than answers.But still Noah was so dedicated to being with her, helping her and just being her support system when no one else was. I seriously love Noah!!!! 

Jude. I knew he was alive. I knew Mara was right. I was just having such a hard time figuring out why he was there. And how he was managing to get into Mara's house and do things. We found out that he stole one of her brothers house keys but Mara wasn't sure she remembered how he could of. So they weren't sure of that for a bit. But then it came together and they just knew he had it. It wasn't until the end of the book that you really find out why Jude is there. Also. Dr. Kells (I think that's her name). I had a bad feeling about her for some reason from the start. I didn't know why also until the end but I just knew something was off with her. I just didn't know how off. I seriously couldn't believe the things she was doing and the fact that she knew a certain person was alive even though she was counseling Mara to believe differently (though it didn't work at all!) That ending was MIND BLOWING! Seriously. That ending... WOW! I seriously did not see that coming but boy was it good. I couldn't believe how many other people have abilities like Noah and Mara and they just didn't know about it until they started suspecting it at the end. Though I do have to say. I don't believe the person they are claiming as dead is dead. Its just not possible. No. It cant be. I wont let it be. These books wouldn't be these books without said person. SO I believe he's alive and their just saying he's dead to get in Mara's head. That's my assumption. Because the alternative just cant be real. I seriously cant wait for The Retribution of Mara Dyer!!!!!!!! 

5 Stars!

No comments:

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)