Note: The survey is for books you read and is not limited to just books that came out in 2012!!
Best In Books 2012
1. Best Book You Read In 2012? (You can break it down by genre if you want)
Hmm... I read so many great books this year.
Mythology: Deity by Jennifer L. Armentrout! - This book by far was the best mythological book I read this year though there are some close others.
Contemporary: The Statistical Probability of Love At First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith - I just fell so in love with this book!
Dystopian: Tie between Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi (Yes I've read it already) & Under The Never Sky by Veronica Rossi! - Unravel Me is probably the best sequel I've read up to date and Under The Never Sky quickly became an all time fave just because the writing was so good and the world created was so unique! I love it!
Sci-fi: A Million Suns by Beth Revis! - OMG! I can't even begin to describe how much I loved this book! This series is always gonna be one of my fave sci-fi series!
Fantasy: The Girl of Fire & Thorns by Rae Carson - Just amazing!!! SO SO AMAZING! :)
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn't?
Enshadowed by Kelly Creagh - I was so excited for this but when I actually read it I felt a little let down. I mean I still enjoyed the book but I felt like it was built up with things that didnt happen (mostly Varen). There wasnt a huge amount of Varen which the blurb made sound otherwise and that disappointed me.
3. Most Surprising (in a good way!) Book Of 2012?
Hmmm. Hemlock by Kathleen Peacock. I honestly had no interest in this book at first and really didnt think I'd enjoy it much (idk why) but then I won the book and gave it a try and I ended up really loving it!
4. Book You Recommended To People The Most In 2012?
Anna and The French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins, Divergent by Veronica Roth and Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi! Whenever someone asked me for new books to read these were the first three I always recommended!
5. Best Series You Discovered In 2012?
Definitely the Under The Never Sky books by Veronica Rossi! And The Soul Screamers Series by Rachel Vincent! I seriously couldnt believe I waited so long to start that one!
6. Favorite New Authors You Discovered In 2012?
Veronica Rossi, Jennifer E. Smith & Wendy Higgins!
7. Best Book That Was Out Of Your Comfort Zone Or Was A New Genre To You?
The Girl of Fire & Thorns by Rae Carson. I seriously wasnt sure if I was gonna like this book just because I'm not as huge a fan of fantasy as I am of other genres. But man, I was so blown away by this book!
8. Most Thrilling, Unputdownable Book In 2012?
Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout! I finally read it and I couldnt put it down once I started it!
9. Book You Read In 2012 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
Under The Never Sky by Veronica Rossi! And Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins! I love love loved these books so much!
10. Favorite Cover Of A Book You Read In 2012?
I really like this cover! I love the blue and the cover is actually really shiny and stuff in person! I also love the cover to its sequel Lullaby!!
11. Most Memorable Character In 2012?
Roar from Under The Never Sky! I cant get this dude out of my head!!!
12. Most Beautifully Written Book Read In 2012?
The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin! Ms. Hodkin has a way with words!
13. Book That Had The Greatest Impact On You In 2012?
34 Pieces of You by Carmen Rodrigues. That book really got to me.
14. Book You Can't Believe You Waited UNTIL 2012 To Finally Read?
Across The Universe by Beth Revis
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2012?
"I refuse to believe that this is the end of us. Not if you still love me"..."I'm not going anywhere. There won't be another person for me. You're the only one I've ever wanted and that's never" he says, "that's never going to change."
- pg. 294 of ARC of "Unravel Me (Shatter Me #2)" by Tahereh Mafi
"If I were to live a thousand years, I would belong to you for all of them. If we were to live a thousand lives, I would want to make you mine in each one."
-pg. 349 of "The Evolution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer #2)" by Michelle Hodkin
16. Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2012?
Shortest: Forgotten Lyrics by Amanda Hocking (I Think)
Longest: Gone by Michael Grant
17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It? (A WTF Moment, An Epic Revelation, A Steamy Kiss, Etc, Etc.) Be Careful of Spoilers!
The ending of Before I Wake by Rachel Vincent. OMG!
18. Favorite Relationship From A Book You Read In 2012? (Be it romantic, friendship, etc.)
Aria and Perry! I really liked watching the relationship evolve with these two!
19. Favorite Book You Read In 2012 From An Author You Previously Read?
Lola and The Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
20. Best Book You Read That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else?
Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout hands down.
Book Blogging/Reading Life In 2012
1. New Favorite Book Blog You Discovered In 2012?
Book Sojourner - Such a great blog. I mean it helps that I'm friends with the Blogger so I knew when she started the blog but that still doesnt stop the fact that I love her blog!
2. Favorite Review That You Wrote In 2012?
I think it'd have to be my review of The Immortal Rules!
3. Best Discussion You Had On Your Blog?
I umm... I havent really had many discussion so I dont think I really have a best one.
4. Most Thought-Provoking Review or Discussion You Read On Somebody Else's Blog?
Ummm.... Yeah. I'm drawing a blank on this one. I know I've read some good ones but I'm drawing a blank on what they were. Lol
5. Best Event That You Participated In (Author Signing, Festivals, Virtual Events, Memes, Etc.)?
I'll choose a meme. Top Ten Tuesday. I love this one just because I get to talk about books and book related things.
6. Best Moment of Book Blogging In 2012?
When I received by first physical ARC that I requested!!! I screamed like a little girl.
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (Whether It Be By Comments or Views)?
My top three most popular were giveaway posts but thats probably obvious that they'd be so the next popular post that wasn't giveaway related was the Cover Reveal of The Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa back in April. That got a lot of views!!!!!
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
My Review of SWEET EVIL BY WENDY HIGGINS!!!!!!!
9. Best Bookish Discovery? (Book Related Sites, Book Stores, etc.)
Umm. I haven't really discovered anything new. Lol
10. Did You Complete Any Reading Challenges Or Goals That You Had Set For Yourself At The Beginning Of This Year?
I did! I got to and went over my goal for Both The 2012 Young Adult Reading Challenge, The 2012 Support Your Local Library Challenge & The 2012 Sensational Seconds Challenge! If you wanna see how I did on them just click the links and it'll take you to the posts. I'm also 8 books away from completing my Goodreads challenge.
1. One Book You Didn't Get To In 2012 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority In 2013?
Cinder by Marissa Meyer
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2013?
Through The Ever Night by Veronica Rossi!!!!
Though if you wanna see a huge list of what I can't wait for check out my Top Ten on it!
3. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging In 2013?
I really hope to set up contacts with publishers in the next year!