Sweet Evil (The Sweet Trilogy #1)
Author: Wendy Higgins
Publisher: Harper Teen
Publication Date: May 1, 2012
Pages: 453
Source: Paperback/Own

Embrace the Forbidden

What if there were teens whose lives literally depended on being bad influences?

This is the reality for sons and daughters of fallen angels.

Tenderhearted Southern girl Anna Whitt was born with the sixth sense to see and feel emotions of other people. She's aware of a struggle within herself, an inexplicable pull toward danger, but Anna, the ultimate good girl, has always had the advantage of her angel side to balance the darkness within. It isn't until she turns sixteen and meets the alluring Kaidan Rowe that she discovers her terrifying heritage and her willpower is put to the test. He's the boy your daddy warned you about. If only someone had warned Anna.

Forced to face her destiny, will Anna embrace her halo or her horns?


Review: I don't know why I waited so long to read this book! It was absolutely fantastic! I really enjoyed the story! This whole idea of the Nephilim being children of Demons and living pretty much to serve their Duke (Father) was interesting. Especially since each Duke has their own job to do (like Kaidan's being the Duke of Lust, and Anna's being the Duke of Substance Abuse) and their children have to work according to their fathers job. It was so interesting. Especially for Anna. Because yes, she is half demon because of her dad, but shes also half angel because of her mom and not many people know that. So it was harder for her to keep that secret and try to be a good Nephilim and work at the same time. But Anna is a quick learner. She learned about what she is really quickly, and she learned how to work real quickly from her dad to be able to protect herself around the legionnaires. Though Anna really needs to remember to control herself drinking just a little bit better so she doesn't end up in a bathroom throwing up. 

Anna and Kaidan. Man. I really liked these two when they were together! I mean it was painfully obvious there is actually something between them, especially when they were together and alone. I mean they couldnt hide it no matter how hard they tried. I was really hoping they'd try to be together in secret even though it was dangerous. I mean come on. They are so freaking amazing together!!! AHHHHHHH! I understood, but I was really disappointed that Kaidan decided to not take it further with her just to protect them! But you could tell it really hurt both of them to not be together. 

Kope. I really liked him. He definitely seems like such a sweet guy. If Anna doesn't end up with Kaidan by the end of the series I'd want her to be with Kope, because of what we've seen of him so far. I definitely like him. Though if Anna does get Kaidan I wouldn't mind Kope!!!! Just saying!!! XD

I must say, I am definitely looking forward to the next book in this series!!!! :D :D :D :D

4 1/2 Stars!

No comments:

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)