Forgive My Fins (Fins #1)
Author: Tera Lynn Childs
Publisher: Harper Collins
Publication Date: May 19, 2010
Pages: 293
Source: Hardcover/Library

Lily Sanderson has a secret, and it’s not that she has a huge crush on gorgeous swimming god Brody Bennett, who makes her heart beat flipper-fast. Unrequited love is hard enough when you’re a normal teenage girl, but when you’re half human, half mermaid like Lily, there’s no such thing as a simple crush.

Lily’s mermaid identity is a secret that can’t get out, since she’s not just any mermaid – she’s a Thalassinian princess. When Lily found out three years ago that her mother was actually a human, she finally realized why she didn’t feel quite at home in Thalassinia, and she’s been living on land and going to Seaview high school ever since, hoping to find where she truly belongs. Sure, land has its problems – like her obnoxious, biker boy neighbor Quince Fletcher – but it has that one major perk – Brody. The problem is, mermaids aren’t really the casual dating type – when they “bond,” it’s for life.

When Lily’s attempt to win Brody’s love leads to a tsunami-sized case of mistaken identity, she is in for a tidal wave of relationship drama, and she finds out, quick as a tailfin flick, that happily-ever-after never sails quite as smoothly as you planned.


Review: I really enjoyed this! This is the first mermaid book I've read and I just really enjoyed it! First of all, this book was way cute!!! You could tell how naive Lily was. I mean she had this never ending fantasy about her and Brody and how he would just accept her being a mermaid and they'd live happily ever after. I mean, how much more naive could you get? I did love her anyways though. Cause even though people told her that it wouldn't work out with Brody she still tried so dang hard to get him. At least she's persistent. I really loved Lily's dad though. He noticed something in her and her situation that Lily was to blinded by her fantasy to see, and her dad kept pushing her to take her blinders off and see it. I also really loved both her human and mermaid best friends. They both were always supportive of her even if they could see she was doing the wrong thing. 

Quince. I couldn't get a read on this guy at the beginning. I mean he was nice, then mean, then nice again. Once he started being nice more regularly though I started liking him. I mean, he's a pretty cool guy. I was getting so annoyed with Lily and her blinders. Quince was seriously being a nice guy, he tried really hard to prove his feelings for her and he even accepted her being a mermaid. It just got on my nerves that Lily didn't notice that until the end when she was forced to finally confront her feelings and the fact that anything with Brody wouldn't work out. I just really loved this book. It showed how naive people can be, how people will miss the things right in front of them because they have this fantasy of something else they think will happen, and how in the end people will finally realize that fantasy isn't what they thought it would be and actually see whats in front of them. The story was just so good! And this was a quick read as well so you can read it even if you don't have a ton of time for reading. I cant forget the mermaids either! This is the first mermaid book I read and it was a definite success! 

4 Stars!

No comments:

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)