Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades #1)
Author: E L James
Publisher: Vintage
Publication Date: May 26, 2011
Pages: 540
Source: Paperback/Own

When literature student Anastasia Steele is drafted to interview the successful young entrepreneur Christian Grey for her campus magazine, she finds him attractive, enigmatic and intimidating. Convinced their meeting went badly, she tries to put Grey out of her mind - until he happens to turn up at the out-of-town hardware store where she works part-time.

The unworldly, innocent Ana is shocked to realize she wants this man, and when he warns her to keep her distance it only makes her more desperate to get close to him. Unable to resist Ana’s quiet beauty, wit, and independent spirit, Grey admits he wants her - but on his own terms.

Shocked yet thrilled by Grey's singular erotic tastes, Ana hesitates. For all the trappings of success – his multinational businesses, his vast wealth, his loving adoptive family – Grey is a man tormented by demons and consumed by the need to control. When the couple embarks on a passionate, physical and daring affair, Ana learns more about her own dark desires, as well as the Christian Grey hidden away from public scrutiny.

Can their relationship transcend physical passion? Will Ana find it in herself to submit to the self-indulgent Master? And if she does, will she still love what she finds?

Erotic, amusing, and deeply moving, the Fifty Shades Trilogy is a tale that will obsess you, possess you, and stay with you forever.


Review: *Adult Book, 18 & Over, just a fair warning*

So I jumped on the Fifty Shades train. I have mixed emotions about this book. Lets start off with what I thought was good about the book. I thought the overall idea of the story was good. A man haunted by his demons of the past, wanting control over everything and not knowing anything else due to that past. I found myself wanting to see Christian overcome his demons. He did try little by little to overcome them and his control issues in compromising with Ana. But I don't think he compromised enough to actually really try to have more with her like he said he was. Now, the sex. Lol. This is supposed to be erotica so I cant not bring this up. I thought it was interesting. The whole BDSM thing was interesting. Ana was pretty brave to submerse herself into that world with Christian. The sex scenes were very hot and steamy. Like no joke. I wont ruin it for anyone who hasn't read it yet but you will find them really hot. I know some people said they felt like there was too much sex overloading the story but based on what I heard and what I read I honestly thought there would have been more based on some peoples complaints. 

Now with what I didn't like or thought could have been better. I really wanted more of Ana by herself. We got a lot of her with christian, but I would have loved to have more of her alone. And I definitely would have loved to hear more about her wanting a job at a publishing house. That interested me and all we got was that she had interviews with a few pretty much and it was kinda lame. Also, the writing. I felt like the writing could have been much better. It's supposed to be an adult book right?? I felt like while some of the writing was definitely adult like some of it was childish. I mean in all honesty, I felt like all the sex scenes were written more childish. I mean, its an adult book right? Stop using simple child like words to get around the actual word for certain things and just say it. Its an adult book so use adult words. I also didn't like the ending. It just wasn't good. Despite the fact that this wasn't really the best I will probably read the next book. 

3 1/2 Stars!

No comments:

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)