Wings of the Wicked (Angelfire #2)
Author: Courtney Allison Moulton
Publisher: Harper Collins/Katherine Tegen
Publication Date: January 31, 2012
Pages: 516
Source: Hardcover/Library

Life as the Preliator is harder than Ellie ever imagined.
Balancing real life with the responsibility of being Heaven’s warrior is a challenge for Ellie. Her relationship with Will has become all business, though they both long for each other. And now that the secret of who she really is has come out, so have Hell’s strongest reapers. Grown bold and more vicious, the demonic threaten her in the light of day and stalk her in the night.

She’s been warned.
Cadan, a demonic reaper, comes to her with information about Bastian’s new plan to destroy Ellie’s soul and use an ancient relic to wake all the souls of the damned and unleash them upon humanity. As she fights to stay ahead of Bastian’s schemes , the revelations about those closest to her awaken a dark power within Ellie that threatens to destroy everything—including herself.

She’ll be betrayed.
Treachery comes even from those whom she loves, and Ellie is broken by the deaths of those who stood beside her in this Heavenly war. Still, she must find a way to save the world, herself, and her love for Will. If she fails, there will be hell to pay.


Review: This book was so much better than the first (which says a lot because I really enjoyed the first!) So much happened, both good and bad, and it made me want to keep reading more and more! I also loved that there was more action in this book! It was like Ellie never got a break. I mean, even on the few nights she wasn't hunting reapers they still found her and tried to fight her. Not to mention the reapers coming after her just kept getting harder and harder to fight. And I thought her life as the Preliator was hard before! And I dont wanna spoil any of the story line but OMG! What happened with her family! I totally didnt see any of that coming!

Will! Thank you for coming to your senses, even though you had to have Nathaniel talk to you about it! Now that that's out of the way! Lets talk about Cadan! I really didnt know what to think about him at first! I mean he's a demonic reaper but he was helping Ellie so much with the warnings and whatnot! I'll admit, my heart softened a little for him at the end of the book just because he really did protect her instead of Bastian. Now since were talking about Will and Cadan! OMG! The revelations at the end about Will and who his father is! And about his mother! And who Cadan's father is!!! I was seriously reeling from all this information at the end! And then what happened to Will at the end!!! I seriously need the next book, I need to see what happens to Will!!!

5 Stars!

No comments:

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)