Hourglass (Hourglass #1)
Author: Myra McEntire
Publisher: Egmont USA
Publication Date: June 14, 2011
Pages: 394
Source: Hardcover/Library

One hour to rewrite the past . . .

For seventeen-year-old Emerson Cole, life is about seeing what isn’t there: swooning Southern Belles; soldiers long forgotten; a haunting jazz trio that vanishes in an instant. Plagued by phantoms since her parents’ death, she just wants the apparitions to stop so she can be normal. She’s tried everything, but the visions keep coming back.

So when her well-meaning brother brings in a consultant from a secretive organization called the Hourglass, Emerson’s willing to try one last cure. But meeting Michael Weaver may not only change her future, it may change her past.
Who is this dark, mysterious, sympathetic guy, barely older than Emerson herself, who seems to believe every crazy word she says? Why does an electric charge seem to run through the room whenever he’s around? And why is he so insistent that he needs her help to prevent a death that never should have happened?

Full of atmosphere, mystery, and romance, Hourglass merges the very best of the paranormal and science-fiction genres in a seductive, remarkable young adult debut.


Review: This is seriously the best time travel book I've read yet! I loved Hourglass! It was so unique and interesting! I thought the whole idea of people having certain different abilities related to time travel was so cool! Not to mention how the abilities matched together perfectly. It was just so cool! The whole idea of the Hourglass was pretty cool too, a place for people with these special abilities to be! I also thought the whole time rip thing was pretty interesting, especially with how more and more kept showing up when that doesn't normally happen. It makes me wonder whats causing it! And the whole thing with trying to save Liam. That was pretty interesting as well.

Michael and Emerson. I thought it was so cool how their abilities go hand in hand with each other, and how because of it they have a special connection. It was really annoying me though how throughout the book Michael kept trying to deny it even though he knew in the end he wouldn't be able to. I really hated that Michael tried to hide things from Emerson in the beginning. He knew she would find out whether he told her or not. He should have just told the truth from the beginning. Especially since this whole situation he was in with Emerson and the Hourglass was serious. I was very happy with the ending, though after I was all sad for a little (why do books always gotta rip your heart out before giving it back?). I definitely cant wait to see what happens in Timepiece!

5 Stars!

1 comment:

  1. I loved this book when I read it last year - I need to read it again soon! I definitely will before Timepiece comes out!

    I agree with you about Michael withholding information from Emerson at the beginning. But I guess it made for a more drawn-out realization of what she actually could do...

    Great review! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)