Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.

Anyone can play along! just do the following:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a random page
3. Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page.
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!)
4. Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers!

1. "From somewhere overhead, another message crackled: "ALL SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY MUST BE REPORTED TO YOUR NEAREST PATROL STATION."

2. "Passports," Aron announced solemnly as we approached a new checkpoint at the base of the giant archway that led to the city streets. He reached beneath his shirt, just as Brook and I did, pulling out our IDs."

pg. 15 of "The Pledge" by Kimberly Derting

1. "What the hell were they doing here? Killing our people isn't part of the plan," Anton is shouting."

2. "This wasn't supposed to happen!"

pg. 197 of "White Cat" by Holly Black

6 comments:

  1. Great teasers! I've been meaning to read The Pledge forever! I also want to try some of Holly Black's books.
    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice teaser! The Pledge has been on my to-buy list! Can't wait to read it too!

    Here's my TT from Possess by Gretchen McNeil
    http://bookquotesandlyrics.blogspot.com/2012/03/its-teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two good teasers! I Like the cover for WHITE CAT.

    Here's ours: http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2012/03/tuesday-teaser-twice.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow both great teasers! I really want to read the Curse Workers!

    My TT

    Ning @ Reading by Kindle Fire

    ReplyDelete
  5. White Cat! I need to read it too! Hope it's as awesome as everyone is saying!

    Preet @ AWR

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved White Cat! Great choice of teasers. And I want to read The Pledge. Thanks for sharing.

    Here's my Teaser Tuesday

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)