Across The Universe (Across The Universe #1)
Author: Beth Revis
Publisher: Razorbill
Publication Date: January 11, 2011
Pages: 416
Source: Hardcover/Library

A love out of time. A spaceship built of secrets and murder.

Seventeen-year-old Amy joins her parents as frozen cargo aboard the vast spaceship Godspeed and expects to awaken on a new planet, three hundred years in the future. Never could she have known that her frozen slumber would come to an end fifty years too soon and that she would be thrust into the brave new world of a spaceship that lives by its own rules.

Amy quickly realizes that her awakening was no mere computer malfunction. Someone-one of the few thousand inhabitants of the spaceship-tried to kill her. And if Amy doesn't do something soon, her parents will be next.

Now Amy must race to unlock Godspeed's hidden secrets. But out of her list of murder suspects, there's only one who matters: Elder, the future leader of the ship and the love she could never have seen coming.



Review: Can someone please slap me for waiting so long to read this??? I mean so many people told me to read this but I didn't listen right away. Lol. I thought this was a GREAT mix between Sci-Fi and Dystopian!!! I didn't want to put it down (though if you guys have noticed I've had to repeatedly cuz when I'd start it and go to renew it at ze library, someone always put a hold on it). I really enjoyed this book! First of all, I really liked the sense of mystery behind somethings as well! Until we found out who did it at the end, I couldn't figure out who had unplugged Amy, or for that matter, who unplugged any of the other frozens. Also, I could always sense Eldest was hiding a lot from Elder and the rest of the people, but until things started unraveling near the end for Eldest I couldn't figure out exactly what. I was shocked at just how much Eldest was hiding (like his revelation about the plague, and the drugs). And just who Orion actually was!!!! I was so so shocked!

Amy and Elder... I really like Amy, she always knew there was something wrong and she wouldn't let it go like other people would. She also didn't give up on getting information even if she and Elder had to sneak around Eldest back and even get in trouble to get it! And I love that Elder went along with it, I mean he was under Eldest constant influence and he still believed that a lot of things were wrong. I loved seeing him be his own person with his own beliefs instead of an exact replica of Eldest. I also loved how he protected Amy from Eldest, and practically everyone else on that ship that hated her because she was different. He definitely proved he isn't like the Eldest before him. Overall the book was AMAZING! I definitely cant wait to read A Million Suns (which is on my shelf, so I don't have to wait too long).

No comments:

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)