1. Is there any fun facts about Wyoming? (And they can be fun facts about anything about Wyoming)
We have the largest coal mine in the USA. If you're from Wyoming or live here you more than likely believe in coal and mining it. Wyoming was the first state to give women the right to vote, being a woman myself and believing in our rights I'm really proud of this. We're nicknamed the 'Cowboy State' and all of our license plates have a cowboy riding a bucking horse on them. :)
2. Is there any "Key lingo (like words or something only people that have lived in Wyoming will understand)?"
I've never really thought of this but I don't think so. I think I would notice since I've lived in Arizona as well so it was a different state. My family and friends refer to Gillette, Wyoming as G-Town. We even have a sign for it that we do with our hands.
3. What do you love about the place (this can also be anything (and if its something awesome you wanna show people like a place or something, totally include a pic!))?
Like I said I've lived half my life in Wyoming and then half of it mostly in Arizona and off and on in Wyoming. I really appreciate how Wyoming smells. I know, that is EXTREMELY weird but you have to go visit Arizona and just smell the deadness of the state (yes deadness) and then come to Wyoming and smell how fresh, beautiful, and clean it is here. I also really appreciate the scenery. It's breath taking almost everywhere you look. I also appreciate the fact that I can see cows almost anywhere as they are my favorite animal. I included two pictures for your post, one is of a flower field in the Big Horn Mountains. The other is a picture from last Christmas of a bunch of buffalo, I took it from the side of the road.
(Ok, so my computers currently being a brat so I'll upload the pics later when its not being such a pain!!!)
The other questions are more general.
4. What are some general facts about Wyoming (like state bird or animal or something like that)?
Our state bird is the Western Meadowlark, our state flower is the Indian Paintbrush (it's very pretty), our state mammal is the Bison which I showed you a picture of, our state fish is the Cutthroat Trout, our state reptile is the Horned Toad, our state gem is the jade, and our state motto is "Equal rights"!
5. Do you know of any authors that live in Wyoming? Or any interesting literary things that have happened in Wyoming?
Jessica Sorensen lives in Wyoming! I loved her book The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden which takes place in Laramie, Wyoming! I also know that Cynthia Hand's novel Unearthly takes place in Jackson Hole, Wyoming but she doesn't live in Wyoming.
Books to choose from:
- Unearthly, Hallowed or Boundless by Cynthia Hand
- Perfect Escape by Jennifer Brown
- US Only
- Winner has 48 hours to respond to email
- Ends August 16