Apollyon (Covenant #4)
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Publisher: Spencer Hill Press
Publication Date: April 9, 2013
Pages: 360
Source: ARC for Review from Publisher

Fate isn’t something to mess with… and now, neither is Alex.

Alex has always feared two things: losing herself in the Awakening and being placed on the Elixir. But love has always been stronger than Fate, and Aiden St. Delphi is willing to make war on the gods—and Alex herself—to bring her back.

The gods have killed thousands and could destroy entire cities in their quest to stop Seth from taking Alex’s power and becoming the all-powerful God Killer. But breaking Alex’s connection to Seth isn’t the only problem. There are a few pesky little loopholes in the whole “an Apollyon can’t be killed” theory, and the only person who might know how to stop the destruction has been dead for centuries.

Finding their way past the barriers that guard the Underworld, searching for one soul among countless millions, and then somehow returning will be hard enough. Alex might be able to keep Seth from becoming the God Killer… or she might become the God Killer herself.



Review: Ok, so I really enjoyed Apollyon!! It sets us up for a fantastic finale in Sentinel! Ya. I'm totally gonna spoil something right in the beginning of this review but I will be unable to review this properly unless I tell. So Alex struggled with the connection with Seth for sometime but she did eventually break it. But if you kinda read into the blurb up there you kinda figure it out anyways because Alex wouldn't be doing certain things mentioned in the last part of it if she still was. So YAY!!! But Seth still found a way to get in her head which annoyed me to death. Why couldn't he just let her have a little peace???

So Alex and Aiden dealt with some serious stuff in this book. They go down to the Underworld searching for the one person who can give them answers on stopping Seth. They end up in some interesting circumstances. I was totally scared for them to go into the Underworld, but it wasn't actually half as scary as I thought it would be for them. I was actually more scared for them at the gate to the underworld than actually in the underworld just because they dealt with the hardest things at the gate. And of course, after they talk to the person who can tell them how to stop Seth they found out the answer is exactly what they don't want Alex to have to do! Cant say that was shocking, I was half expecting that anyways. 

I think what I enjoyed most though about the book was how the gods kept popping up all the time. We expected Apollo being that Alex is of his bloodline, but we saw a few others pop up that didnt appear in previous books. It really showed how divided the god were. Some were on Alex's side, helping out the good guys and some sided with Lucian and Seth and whatever god he's descended from helping the bad side. I thought it was kinda funny that the gods didnt want Seth becoming the god killer but yet some were supporting his side. I mean we find out why at the very end, due to the god which I'm thinking is the one Seth is descended from (but I'm still not 100% sure), but still. I do understand though because the god (I'm not telling which one) is a pretty scary god. 

The ending! WOW! The group finds their way to Covenant up in South Dakota I think it is (sorry, I dont have my ARC with me so I cant look it up) to find the road literally littered with the burnt cars of those who tried to escape to there from the New York Covenant. That made me so sad! And then finding out what caused that! Man, that just sucked! And even worse was finding out Alex's lest favorite teacher made it there too, but was perfectly fine! UGH! And then the god (still not spilling, LOL) and Alex fighting and what happens to her!!! Can I please have Sentinel???? I really wanna know what happens!!!

4 Stars!

No comments:

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)