Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. It was created due to their love of lists.

This weeks topic is:
Top Ten Most Vivid Book Worlds/Settings

1. Panem - This one is probably going to be an obvious choice but it is!

2. Paris - Every book I've read thats setting is Paris always describes it so well so I always have an amazingly vivid picture of Paris

3. London - Same thing with Paris. Its always described so well and gives me a great picture of it. 

4. The Uglies World (Scott Westerfeld's Uglies Series) - I could seriously picture everything about this world Scott Westerfeld brought to life. I could picture the cities, the ruins, everything!

5. The Society (Matched) - I could definitely picture everything about this world as well. Right down to the little compact Cassia had. 

6. Space/Spaceships (Across The Universe/ Sky Chasers) - Both of these series have given me such vivid descriptions of outer space (or at least the outer space they were in) and life on a spaceship.

7. The worlds in Eve and Article 5 - Both of these had a few similar aspects to them. But both were dystopians and both described abandoned stores, abandoned cars, military coming after them. Both were just so vivid in their descriptions of it and I loved picturing the nitty gritty of those worlds.

8. The Last Survivors World (Susan Beth Pfeffer) - You felt like you were living in the world with each one of her characters, experiencing what they experienced. Saw what they saw.

3 comments:

  1. Panem for sure - and London, especially a secret magical World in Nevermore by Neil Gaiman, would be high on my list too.

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you read Gail Carriger's SOULLESS? Her steampunk London is on my list -- it's fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! Several of these are on my TBR list. Check out my Top 10 Tuesday.

    New follower by the way.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)