Before I Wake (Soul Screamers #6)
Author: Rachel Vincent
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Publication Date: June 26, 2012
Pages: 339
Source: Paperback/Library

*Both the blurb & my review contains spoilers*

I died on a Thursday-killed by a monster intent on stealing my soul. The good news? He didn't get it. The bad news? Turns out not even death will get you out of high school...  Covering up her own murder was one thing, but faking life is much harder than Kaylee Cavanaugh expected. After weeks spent "recovering," she's back in school, fighting to stay visible to the human world, struggling to fit in with her friends and planning time alone with her new reaper boyfriend. But to earn her keep in the human world, Kaylee must reclaim stolen souls, and when her first assignment brings her face-to-face with an old foe, she knows the game has changed. Her immortal status won't keep her safe. And this time Kaylee isn't just gambling with her own life....

Review: OMG! This book is amazing! I think its the best of The Soul Screamers series! I seriously could not put this down, you know, except when I was forced to. Lol. It was fantastic. First of all, I absolutely loved the action in this book! Instead of really waiting for something to happen it starts off right away with Kaylee encountering an old foe for her new job with the reclamation department. And seeing this foe brings up a ton of questions right from the beginning which made the book even more fun to read since you wanted answers to those questions. Especially since more questions kept coming up as you read further into the book! I also loved the story dealing with Kaylee's immortality. She felt so alive around Tod yet she had to fight to stay visible to others. It was hard for her to fully adjust to being dead. Especially since she was so worried and stressed about her friends, her family, her new job, school. I felt bad for Kaylee at times, because she had even more on her plate than before and not many people tried to make it better or easier for her. The only people that were truly trying to be there for her was her dad, Tod & Emma. 

Tod... I seriously loved him in this book! I mean, I thought I loved him in If I Die, he was ten times better in Before I Wake! Not only was he there for Kaylee, he also tried his hardest to protect her, and help her adjust to her new life. Not to mention he was just an amazing boyfriend to Kaylee! And I just love love love what happened between the two of them in this book! And I love how much they really love each other! I'm so glad they are together finally! I was getting really annoyed with Nash in this book. Like seriousy... LET GO OF HER! I mean he was getting ridiculous with his thinking they could have had another chance and the trying to convince her of that. She moved on and he should to. I felt really bad for Emma. All her boyfriends seem to end up dead. :( And just what happened to her at the end of the book because of all the Hellions. God, the ending of the book was so crazy! I still cant get over what the Hellions did and how many people got hurt because of it! It's seriously going to be agony waiting for With All My Soul to come out.

5 Stars!

1 comment:

  1. Great review! I love this series as well, and Tod is swoon-worthy to me too, even if I'm way too old for him :D

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)