TBR Intervention is a weekly challenge hosted by Dani@RefractedLight, Anayami@Whatever You Can Still Betray & April@Books4Juliet.

The goal of this challenge is to help each other (fellow readers and bloggers) manage our enormous and constantly growing TBR (To-Be-Read) List. The rules are simple and everyone is encouraged to participate. It does not force you to commit to more than what you can manage to read in a week or so, but participants are encouraged to read at least one book within a week. You are free to choose the book you want to read and commit to this challenge. You may post your entry every Saturday, at the frequency of your choice--EVERY WEEK or EVERY TWO WEEKS. However, we will sponsor this event regularly every Saturday.


Here are the rules:  

1. Post the book(s) you committed to read in your last TBR Intervention post and tell us something about it. Did you finish it? Did you enjoy it or not? Post the link to your review (if you have one).

2. Post a book that you want to read and already own. Pick something that has been sitting on your shelf for too long now (6 months or longer). Commit to read the book in the next couple of days or week.

3. Grab the TBR Intervention Button and post it on your blog sidebar so you will be constantly reminded of the challenge, making it easier for you to commit. This will also encourage other readers/bloggers/visitors to join the challenge.

4. Add the link to your post in the Linky below and make sure to visit the other blogs. Comment, encourage, and spread the love to our fellow readers.

Last weeks TBR book:
Dearly, Departed (Gone With The Respiration #1)
Author: Lia Habel

I really really enjoyed this!!!! I loved the different points of view, oh, and I especially loved all the things that we find out along the way that surprised you. I couldnt put it down! I dont have my review written yet but I will hopefully a little later! Or tomorrow at the latest (but I'm pretty sure I'll write it tonight once I'm done with the things I'm doing).








This week I'm committing to read:
Struck (Struck #1)
Author: Jennifer Bosworth

Summary from Goodreads:
Mia Price is a lightning addict. She's survived countless strikes, but her craving to connect to the energy in storms endangers her life and the lives of those around her.

Los Angeles, where lightning rarely strikes, is one of the few places Mia feels safe from her addiction. But when an earthquake devastates the city, her haven is transformed into a minefield of chaos and danger. The beaches become massive tent cities. Downtown is a crumbling wasteland, where a traveling party moves to a different empty building each night, the revelers drawn to the destruction by a force they cannot deny. Two warring cults rise to power, and both see Mia as the key to their opposing doomsday prophecies. They believe she has a connection to the freak electrical storm that caused the quake, and to the far more devastating storm that is yet to come.

Mia wants to trust the enigmatic and alluring Jeremy when he promises to protect her, but she fears he isn't who he claims to be. In the end, the passion and power that brought them together could be their downfall. When the final disaster strikes, Mia must risk unleashing the full horror of her strength to save the people she loves, or lose everything.

So I've been getting behind on my NetGalley review books so I'm hoping to read two or three of them this week! So this one is coming out May 8th and I wanna have it read in time to post a review that day (I also plan on reading Of Poseidon by Anna Banks this week because it is also being released in May and like I said, I'm behind). I've also been really excited to read this so I cant wait to get into it. 

1 comment:

  1. YAY! :) So glad you loved Dearly Departed! That book blew me away. I was so not prepared for how Lia Habel made me fall for a zombie love interest. A ZOMBIE...lol. Seriously, I love Bram.

    And Struck was really enjoyable :) I hope you're able to get to that one this week!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)