A Need So Beautiful (A Need So Beautiful #1)
Author: Suzanne Young
Publisher: Balzer + Bray
Publication Date: June 21, 2011
Pages: 267
Source: Hardcover/Library

We all want to be remembered. Charlotte's destiny is to be Forgotten...

Charlotte’s best friend thinks Charlotte might be psychic. Her boyfriend thinks she’s cheating on him. But Charlotte knows what’s really wrong: She is one of the Forgotten, a kind of angel on earth, who feels the Need—a powerful, uncontrollable draw to help someone, usually a stranger.

But Charlotte never wanted this responsibility. What she wants is to help her best friend, whose life is spiraling out of control. She wants to lie in her boyfriend's arms forever. But as the Need grows stronger, it begins to take a dangerous toll on Charlotte. And who she was, is, and will become--her mark on this earth, her very existence--is in jeopardy of disappearing completely.

Charlotte will be forced to choose: Should she embrace her fate as a Forgotten, a fate that promises to rip her from the lives of those she loves forever? Or is she willing to fight against her destiny--no matter how dark the consequences.


Review: This book was so refreshing! It is such a unique, powerful and breathtaking angel book! I literally read this book in an hour and a half because it was so good! I thought the concept of Charlotte's destiny of being Forgotten was so unique! She feels a powerful Need to help people, but this Need will eventually take her from the Earth, without anyone remembering her. So at first I thought the whole Need thing was kinda cool. I mean besides the Need being painful and powerful I thought it was so cool that Charlotte could help people like that. I felt bad for her though because it wasn't just the Need she had to worry about, she learned she was eventually just going to disappear and she slowly had to watch her skin turn gold. Not to mention that whole thing with nobody remembering her once she disappeared.

I felt her pain about wanting to be remembered! If i was going to just disappear I'd want the people I love to remember me! I mean, she had a family, a boyfriend and a best friend that she wanted to remember her. But as her Need grew stronger and her time was running out you could see the people she loved starting to forget her. I seriously wanted to cry with her when she realized people were already forgetting about her. That must have been so hard! And on top of that, right up until the last minute she wasn't even sure she wanted to be like the other Forgotten's, she considered fighting it a lot. She probably made the right decision in the end but I really felt for her. I mean if I knew I was gonna be Forgetten by everyone I loved then I'd really consider fighting it too! This book was just so emotional and breathtaking, it really held you until the last page!

4 1/2 Stars!

2 comments:

  1. One hour and a half? Wow that's something.. means you liked it a lot.
    I'm still unsure how much i want to read it, it's not one of those books that makes me to REALLY want to have it and just finish it.. but it's in my to-read pile, however.
    I'm glad you enjoyed it this much!

    Ella
    Read Into Hiding

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book! And yes, it is a very quick read. But can't wait for A Want so Wicked!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)