Vanish (Firelight #2)
Author: Sophie Jordan
Publisher: Harper Teen
Publication Date: September 6, 2011
Pages: 294
Source: Hardcover/Library

An impossible romance.
Bitter rivalries.
Deadly choices.


To save the life of the boy she loves, Jacinda did the unthinkable: She betrayed the most closely-guarded secret of her kind. Now she must return to the protection of her pride knowing she might never see Will again—and worse, that because his mind has been shaded, Will’s memories of that fateful night and why she had to flee are gone.

Back home, Jacinda is greeted with hostility and must work to prove her loyalty for both her sake and her family’s. Among the few who will even talk to her are Cassian, the pride’s heir apparent who has always wanted her, and her sister, Tamra, who has been forever changed by a twist of fate. Jacinda knows that she should forget Will and move on—that if he managed to remember and keep his promise to find her, it would only endanger them both. Yet she clings to the hope that someday they will be together again. When the chance arrives to follow her heart, will she risk everything for love?


Review: This was an awesome sequel to Firelight! I enjoyed Vanish even more than Firelight! I loved that Vanish started right where Firelight left off! We didn't have to miss anything! First of all, lets start out with Tamra!!!! She manifested! Ahhh! And at that she's a shader! I cant say I'm surprised she finally manifested but I was surprised that she ended up a shader! I knew she'd have to have a special talent just like Jacinda but I didn't think it be that. But hey, that's a pretty awesome talent and I'm happy she got it! I'm also glad she manifested when everyone needed her. Now Jacinda... I was really scared for her going back to the pride! After revealing herself I thought for sure she'd get a worse punishment than she did! I was really glad for Cassian! He tried so hard to protect her even though she didn't want him.

After reading Vanish I really dont know how I feel about Jacinda and Will anymore. I really liked him before but after reading Vanish, and seeing how far Cassian would go to protect Jacinda, and that he really didnt just want her because she's a fire breather has completely changed my mind. Jacinda kept denying him, time and time again, yet he still did everything he could to protect her and help her hide things from the pride for her. You could tell by the actions he took he did really have feelings for her. And plus thanks to Will, Jacinda got taken by hunters at one point! Like seriously, the Will points went down and the Cassian points went up with me in Vanish! Lol. And OMG! The ending! First of all, 4 people you probably wouldn't see working together are and second, they are about to like break in a certain place that could be very bad for most of them! I cant wait to see what happens in Hidden!

5 Stars!

No comments:

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)