Pandemonium (Delirium #2)
Author: Lauren Oliver
Publisher: Harper Collins
Publication Date: February 28, 2012
Pages: 375
Source: Hardcover/Own 

I’m pushing aside the memory of my nightmare,
pushing aside thoughts of Alex,
pushing aside thoughts of Hana and my old school,
push,
push,
push,
like Raven taught me to do.
The old life is dead.
But the old Lena is dead too.
I buried her.
I left her beyond a fence,
behind a wall of smoke and flame.

Lauren Oliver delivers an electrifying follow-up to her acclaimed New York Times bestseller, Delirium. This riveting, brilliant novel crackles with the fire of fierce defiance, forbidden romance, and the sparks of a revolution about to ignite.

Review: *Mostly spoiler free (there is things that may give you idea of what happens)* AHHHHHHHH!!!! No seriously, that's what I was doing for like an hour after I finished the book! This book was freaking amazing!!!! There was always something to keep you wanting to read more! The sequel to Delirium couldn't get any better than this! First thing I loved about this book was the "then" and "now." I really loved reading what happened right after she escaped into the Wilds and what was happening right then! I couldn't put the book down! I really liked Raven! She is one badass chick! Lol. She is a great leader and made another strong female character, and I really liked seeing that. I loved how Raven had a way of doing things and how there was always someway to help. I also thought the way they were able to get messages from the outside was interesting. Feeding the birds in the city and leaving paint so that they'd get it on them and that signaled a certain message. That's a very good idea and I really liked how it was used (though when the birds had red paint on them I was freaking out man!). Lol. I also liked how when they went undercover in the cities that Raven, Tack and Lena stayed together. Though I don't completely approve of what Raven and Tack planned involving Lena. But it had a good outcome nonetheless.

So much happened to Lena in Pandemonium! She couldn't catch a break anywhere! I mean first she has to deal with losing Alex when she escaped and he didn't, and while she was dealing with that she was also trying to regain her strength from the days in the Wilds all alone! That sucks like massively! I was very proud of her trying so hard to strengthen herself and become a real member of the group. I loved the moments when she actually felt like she belonged there. I felt for her though because even though she was still feeling the loss of Alex she then had to help Raven through some losses, and those affected Lena as well. And then, when they are undercover in the city Raven and Tack throw Lena into another situation that she has to get out of and UGH! Lena just never got a break and it sucked seeing her have to endure so much (though she's a very strong girl and she handled most of those situations very well.) I was very happy that Lena was able to get through to Julian when they were being held hostage and that in the end she was able to save him. And that Raven and Tack even came to the rescue to help after what they put Lena through. I was losing faith in Raven and Tack after learning about what they did but it was restored at the end when they helped Lena out! And OMG!!! Lena's MOM!!!! And ALEX!!!!!!! AHHHH!!!! The ending was beyond freaking amazing!!!! I cant believe her mom was there helping her and OMG!!! ALEX!!!! YAY YAY YAY!!!! I think that describes my excitement about the end! Lol.

You have to read this if you liked Delirium!!! You will LOVE IT!!!! :D

5 Stars!

1 comment:

  1. I just reviewed this book on my blog too! And pretty much had the exact same reaction after finishing it. MY MIND WAS BLOWN! The ending was killer, as always, and my heart is literally ripped in two between Alex and Julian. I seriously love this book even more than when I finished Delirium.

    Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)