Forever (Wolves of Mercy Falls #3)
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Publisher: Scholastic Press
Publication Date: July 12, 2011
Pages: 390
Source: Hardcover/Library 

The thrilling conclusion to #1 bestselling Shiver trilogy from Maggie Stievater

In Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other. In Linger, they fought to be together. Now, in Forever, the stakes are even higher than before. Wolves are being hunted. Lives are being threatened. And love is harder and harder to hold on to as death comes closing in.

Review: This was a bittersweet ending for me. First of all, Grace being a wolf! It was so hard seeing Grace struggle with her wolf self and her human self. I also hated how upset Sam was every time he'd get a call from Grace and get to her a few minutes too late. He was so sad! Not to mention while Grace was a wolf he had to deal with everything (Isabel, Cole, the wolf hunts etc.) without any help. It must have been so stressful! I cant imagine having to deal with all that stress all at one time and still keep my sanity. And I cant even begin to imagine how Grace felt! Coming in and out of wolf form, not knowing where she was when she turned human again. I'd be freaking out if I had no idea where I was. I was so happy when Grace finally became human for a while. It was so nice to see her and Sam happy together again and working on solving their problems (wolf hunt!!!) together! It wasn't just put completely on Sam! The ending was bittersweet for me because we don't know what happens to Grace when it seems like she's about to get shot with the Meningitis (I'm pretty sure that's what it is, though I kept getting the different things confused).

Cole and Isabel.. At first I'll admit. I thought Cole was trying to kill himself. After I learned he was desperate to find a cure than I started thinking otherwise. He really tried everything he could think of to try and find a cure. Isabel. Have I ever mentioned how much I despise her father??? I mean seriously, get over yourself! Stop trying to kill every wolf on the planet! I get it, you think a wolf killed your son but that doesn't mean EVERY wolf is a killer (At least in these books). Every time her dad talked I was annoyed to death, especially at the fact that he wouldn't listen to her until she drove her car in front of the helicopter so he wouldn't shot the wolves! Back to Cole and Isabel. I was annoyed at how it was obvious they liked each other (despite their problems) but both of them were to stubborn to actually do anything with it except be mad and ignore each other (because of their problems, lame!). I did like what Isabel did at the end like I explained above, it took a lot to take on her dad like that. And OMG! I had a freakin heart attack with Cole!!! I cant be the only one that feels that way. I mean I was freaking out until I learned what happened to Cole after the helicopter shooting scene.

4 Stars!

No comments:

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)