Delirium (Delirium #1)
Author: Lauren Oliver
Publisher: Harper Teen
Publication Date: February 1, 2011
Pages: 441
Source: Hardcover/Library

Ninety-five days, and then I’ll be safe.

I wonder whether the procedure will hurt.

I want to get it over with.

It’s hard to be patient.

It’s hard not to be afraid while I’m still uncured, though so far the deliria hasn’t touched me yet.

Still, I worry.

They say that in the old days, love drove people to madness.

The deadliest of all deadly things: It kills you both when you have it and when you don’t.


Review: I'm still thinking about this book days after I read it! It was that good! I really really enjoyed it. I found the concept of this book really intriguing. The cure for love? I didn't know it was a sickness! Lol. I really enjoyed the way this book was written. I also liked that I found so many awesome quotes in this book! It made it that much more memorable for me! So anyways, back to the writing. Lauren Oliver showed just how easy it is to fall in love and how sometimes, no matter how hard you fight it, it can still happen. I really loved how Lena and Alex would risk so much just to see each other. It really showed how you'll do anything to be with the person you love. The ending! OMG!!! I loved how Alex helped Lena escape in the end even though he got hurt and caught. It was so bittersweet for me! I was thrilled Lena got away but I was so sad that Alex got hurt and more importantly caught.

Now on to amor deliria nervosa! I found it so interesting that they found a cure for love. I mean, it seems really complicated to cure it. You'd have to find a way to erase someones feelings for good. That doesn't sound like something I'd want. I'd prefer being infected over being cured no matter how much love can hurt sometimes. I just cant see life without people falling in love. You know? I just think it'd be odd. (Ok, I know this book is in no way like Matched by Ally Condie, but I found a slight resemblance with how the government pretty much chose who you were gonna be with). I loved how throughout the book we learn about all the lies the government has been telling its people and how there was actually way more invalids blended into society than you originally thought. I also found it interesting how you had an evaluation and were matched with someone based on it. That doesn't sound really fun either! The Book of Shh... What to say about it... The idea were very interesting though you couldn't pay me to believe anything in it! Lol. Overall I loved this book, it was way better than I was expecting it to be! :) 

My Fave Quote from Delirium:

Love: a single word, a wispy thing, a word no bigger or longer than an edge. That’s what it is: an edge; a razor. It draws up through the center of your life, cutting everything in two. Before and after. The rest of the world falls away on either side. 


Before and after-and during, a moment no bigger or longer than an edge. 

Pg. 301

5 Stars!

2 comments:

  1. Great review! I've yet to read Delirium. However, it's my goal to read it before Pandemonium come out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first read the synopsis, I thought "What is this and why haven't I heard of it sooner?!" Your review makes me want to go pick it up. Ugh, there's too many good books out there to choose from. It's definitely a good thing (but I hate making the choice of which one to read next because I feel bad for the ones I haven't read yet - if that makes any sense). One ay, I will read this book!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)