Anyone can play along! just do the following:
1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a random page
3. Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page.
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!)
4. Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers!
1. "We don't need to convince anybody in the Capitol of our love but hold to the slim hope that we can still reach some of those we failed to convince in the districts."
2. "Whatever we do seems too little, too late."
pg. 73 of "Catching Fire" by Suzanne Collins
1. "PRESSIA IS LYING IN THE CABINET. This is where she'll sleep once she turns sixteen in two weeks-the tight press of blackened plywood pinching her shoulders, the muffled air, the staled motes of ash."
2. "She'll have to be good to survive this-good and quiet and, at night when OSR patrols the streets, hidden."
pg. 7 of "Pure" by Julianna Baggott*
*Quotes from Galley/ARC, subject to change in finished copy