Borrowing Abby Grace (Episode 1)
Author: Kelly Green
Publisher: Blacklit Fiction
Publication Date: October 17, 2011
Pages: 47
Source: E-Book from Author

When Abby Grace wakes up in the back of a van, she has no idea who she is, how she got there, or why anyone would want to kidnap her. After escaping her masked captors, she hurries home, only to discover that she unknowingly left her younger brother behind in the van. Unable to answer the police’s questions with her memories gone, she retreats to the safety of her bedroom where she tries to reconstruct her life. Just as she is settling into the belief that things will one day return to normal, she looks in the mirror—and sees a stranger’s face. 
 
As Abby learns next, she has become a Shadow, sent to inhabit the lives of strangers in trouble. With nothing to go on except the vague hints of her cute but maddening Guardian, a 19th century ghostly teenager named Will, Abby sets out to rescue the missing brother. But she will need all of her intelligence, fearlessness, and wit, because if she fails to find him in time, she will remain trapped in this unfamiliar body forever.

Review: I really enjoyed this. Its only 47 pages so its a quick read, but it was a very fun and thrilling read. The action started right on the first page and that drew me in very quickly. The writing was very easy to follow so that definitely helped in the story being good. I enjoyed how we got right to the point of the story with Abby getting her mission. I did however want to know some more about Brooke's world, besides the basics we learned. I also wanted to know more about how you became a shade and exactly how the borrowing works, but even without that the story was still fantastic. And can I just say the ending was totally NOT what I expected! It was a great way to end episode 1. 

I recommend this to anyone who wants a fun, fast, mystery like book. 


3 1/2 Stars!

1 comment:

  1. i think these are fun covers! deff will check it out

    here's my review of catching jordan! stop by?!
    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2011/11/arc-review-catching-jordan-fun-read.html

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)