Eve (Eve #1)
Author: Anna Carey
Publisher: Harper Teen
Publication Date: October 4, 2011
Pages: 318
Source: Hardcover/Library 

Where do you go when nowhere is safe?

Sixteen years after a deadly virus wiped out most of Earth's population, the world is a perilous place. Eighteen-year-old Eve has never been beyond the heavily guarded perimeter of her school, where she and two hundred other orphaned girls have been promised a future as the teachers and artists of the New America. But the night before graduation, Eve learns the shocking truth about her school's real purpose--and the horrifying fate that awaits her.

Fleeing the only home she's ever known, Eve sets off on a long, treacherous journey, searching for a place she can survive. Along the way she encounters Arden, her former rival from school, and Caleb, a rough, rebellious boy living in the wild. Separated from men her whole life, Eve has been taught to fear them, but Caleb slowly wins her trust . . . and her heart. He promises to protect her, but when soldiers begin hunting them, Eve must choose between true love and her life.

In this epic new series, Anna Carey imagines a future that is both beautiful and terrifying. Readers will revel in "Eve"'s timeless story of forbidden love and extraordinary adventure.

Review: I really enjoyed this book! I really liked how there was more action in the beginning of the book than some other books have. It definitely kept me interested right from the beginning! I was so glad Eve found out what was really happening after graduation! I would have felt so bad if she had to got through the whole breeding thing. And then if that would have happened the book would have reminded me of Wither. So I'm glad she found out but I was so scared for her when she left the school! I'd be scared if I had to do that, especially knowing someone could come looking for you from the government or that someone already living/hiding outside the city could find you. I could definitely feel Eve's fear for those things happening! I also felt for her though because she was lied to! Not only about what happens after graduation, but half the stuff she was taught was a lie! I felt so bad for her having to figure that out when she was in hiding! I was really happy though that she found Arden though and she wasn't alone on the run! And not to mention, we learned a lot we didn't know or even think about Arden in the beginning originally. I didn't like Arden at first but she really grew on me by the end!

Caleb! I really liked him! He was so protective of Eve! I really liked how he wouldn't leave her after being chased even though it would have been understandable if he did. And then after Lief freaked out about girls being in the guys hideout he even convinced Lief to let them stay! And then he even taught Eve how to swim since she had never learned how. Caleb is just amazing! I was so mad though when he took was Eve said the wrong way and took off! I mean if he hadn't of taken off he could have stopped Lief from getting rid of the girls, though he totally made up for it when he heard Eve's message and went to look for her! I felt so bad though that he couldn't get into Califia with her though! Why do people always have to separate the girls and the guys?!?!?! Lol.

4 Stars!

No comments:

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)