The Statistical Probability of Love At First Sight
Author: Jennifer E. Smith
Publisher: Poppy
Publication Date: January 2, 2012
Pages: 236
Source: Hardcover/Own

Who would have guessed that four minutes could change everything?

Today should be one of the worst days of seventeen-year-old Hadley Sullivan's life. She's stuck at JFK, late to her father's second wedding, which is taking place in London and involves a soon to be step-mother that Hadley's never even met. Then she meets the perfect boy in the airport's cramped waiting area. His name is Oliver, he's British, and he's in seat 18C. Hadley's in 18A.

Twists of fate and quirks of timing play out in this thoughtful novel about family connections, second chances and first loves. Set over a 24-hour-period, Hadley and Oliver's story will make you believe that true love finds you when you're least expecting it.


Review: I absolutely loved this book! It was so cute!!! I was actually supposed to be getting ready to go hang out with some friends at the time but I just couldnt put this book down until I finished it. I was grinning so much when I was reading this! Hadley was four minutes late for her plane.. FOUR MINUTES! Missing her plane by four minutes lead her to meeting Oliver (how cute is that name? idk about you, but I think it's cute), who then pretty much hangs out with her the entire time they're waiting for their flight. It was so cute how they started out with the basic questions and jokes and then suddenly opened up more to each other. Its like you could sense their instant connection! I loved it! It was also so adorable how they kept sleeping on each others shoulders the whole plane ride when they weren't talking. And then London, dont even get me started. The kiss, her going to find him, him finding her at the end! <3 <3 <3 <3 This book is just pure amazing the whole way through!

Of course I have to talk about why Hadley was at the airport though, the reason why she met Oliver. She was going to her dad's second wedding. She honestly didn't wanna go because she hated her dad for walking out on her and her mom. But her mom pushed her into it. Oliver actually helped her out with giving her advice as well about dealing with her dad. That was really sweet. After talking to her dad before the reception she actually forgave him. She stopped being unhappy about being there and even decided that her new stepmother wasn't that bad either. I loved seeing this turn around in Hadley. She went from being massively unhappy about it to accepting it and even showing her support of it. I was so proud of her for that. It was nice to see her and her dad getting along without it being forced. So all around the book was amazing and ended up with a fantastic ending! Definitely one of my new favorite books!

5 Stars!

1 comment:

  1. I bought this book in December (Pre-order) and still haven't been able to read it. I CANNOT WAIT TO READ IT! I love reading glowing reviews, and frankly any boy with the name Oliver is immediately a winner to me! :) Awesome review. You're making me anxious to skip my whole pile of books to read this next.

    -Magan @ Rather be Reading

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)