Firelight (Firelight #1)
Author: Sophie Jordan
Publisher: Harper Teen
Publication Date: September 7, 2010
Pages: 323
Source: Paperback/Own 

A hidden truth.
Mortal enemies.
Doomed love.

Marked as special at an early age, Jacinda knows her every move is watched. But she longs for freedom to make her own choices. When she breaks the most sacred tenet among her kind, she nearly pays with her life. Until a beautiful stranger saves her. A stranger who was sent to hunt those like her. For Jacinda is a draki—a descendant of dragons whose greatest defense is her secret ability to shift into human form.

Forced to flee into the mortal world with her family, Jacinda struggles to adapt to her new surroundings. The only bright light is Will. Gorgeous, elusive Will who stirs her inner draki to life. Although she is irresistibly drawn to him, Jacinda knows Will's dark secret: He and his family are hunters. She should avoid him at all costs. But her inner draki is slowly slipping away—if it dies she will be left as a human forever. She'll do anything to prevent that. Even if it means getting closer to her most dangerous enemy.

Mythical powers and breathtaking romance ignite in this story of a girl who defies all expectations and whose love crosses an ancient divide.

Review: So this is the first book with Dragons (Or descendants of dragons) that I've read EVER. So I wasn't sure if I was going to like it. Well, I really liked it so my first dragon book was a success. I really enjoyed the way Sophie Jordan wrote this. The writing kept me hooked and wanting more. The only problem with that is now I want to read Vanish and I don't have it. Lol. Anyways, back to Firelight. Lets start with draki stuff. Lol. I found it really cool that the draki change into their dragon forms to protect themselves when they have to. Its a great way to protect yourself even if it happens at bad times. And all the different types and colors of Draki. I'll admit, I dont remember most of them but it was really cool. Now The Pride, I don't think I really like them much. Especially after learning what they planned to do to Jacinda if she hadn't of run off with her family into the human world. I'm still not sure how I feel about Cassian. I didn't like him at first because Jacinda was pretty much going to be forced to be with him, but after he finds her and tells her he'll try to protect her from the pride if she went back I kind of softened up to him a little bit.

Will! What to say about Will? First of all, he sounds kinda hot. Lol. Just putting that out there. Honestly, I liked him from the moment we really met him in the cave Jacinda was hiding in. The fact that he is a Draki Hunter and he let her go made me like him from the start! I was really happy that he ended up being in the town Jacinda's family ended up in. I was also really happy when he didnt give up on going after her. I mean I know a relationship between a Draki and a Draki Hunter is pretty much doomed from the start but I couldnt help cheering it on. I just loved how they seemed to know each other from the start and how no matter how hard they tried to stay away from each other they couldnt. I'm definitely a fan of Will even if he is a Draki Hunter. And can I say I'm not sure I really liked the end? I mean I know its setting up for a good story in Vanish but still! Lol.

4 1/2 Stars!


1 comment:

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)