Stacking The Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality as a way to share all the books we got during the week!

The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. Its a weekly post to showcase what books you got, recap the week, and talk about what will be coming up this week on the blog!

Christmas Presents (not all are books, but still fun stuff)

Books:

Book From Last Week:
So this was on sale about 2 weeks ago and I picked up the kindle copy since I'd been eyeballing it for a bit now. 

Fun Items:
  • Doctor Who Coloring Book (Big Doctor Who Fan)
  • My own sonic screwdriver! (James got me the set where I can customize my own)
  • The Walking Dead Comics Book 1 (James knows I like the show but have never read the comics, so he picked it up and completely surprised me with it!)
  • Nuka Cola Cup (I'm a big fan of the Fallout games!)
  • A water bottle with timer (I need to be better about drinking my water)
  • Mint candy! Both James and his mom know I absolutely LOVE mint. So they got me lots of mint candy (I have some not pictured, Lol)
XBOX ONE Games
So when I'm not reading and blogging, I really love playing on the Xbox. Origins was one of both mine and James highly anticipated games this year. And Let me say this. Out of all the most recent games, its fantastic. I loved the time period of Assassins Creed Unity, but the game play thoroughly ruined that game. I struggled to enjoy playing it. James didn't even play it after watching me struggle with it so much. Assassins Creed Syndicate, it was better than Unity, but still not super great. I felt like they made certain things needlessly complicated. Origins. I love this! I like the way the gameplay has been redesigned, I like that its not overly complicated thus far (I'm level 25) in terms of having to do extra stuff just to get full sync. And I like the combat system. In most of the other AC games. I rarely used anything but my sword. But in this one, I find myself switching between my sword, spear and bow much more often. And it's nice. I like being able to use all my weapons without complication. I have to say, this is a good comeback for Ubisoft after Unity and Syndicate. I really hope they keep making future AC games more like the Origins format. 

Steam Games:
So James actually got this first, and I took an interest in watching him play it so he gifted me a copy for Christmas. He's probably gonna gift me a few more games, but he's waiting to see what game I buy him right now to determine what other games to buy me (to equal the price I spend on his game/s). Also, just an FYI, if you like computer games, I highly suggest getting Steam. I never knew it existed until I met James but I've got a fair amount of games from Steam now. And plus their winter sale is going until January 4th!!

Weekly Recap:

Reviews: 

It was Christmas this week. Merry Christmas to everyone since I didn't actually make a Christmas post. I hope everyone had a good one! I had a great Christmas! Some fantastic gifts from family, and great times spent together! 

So I probably could have posted more this week, but I was sidetracked by my new Xbox game (pictured above). It's been a few years since I've really enjoyed an Assassin's Creed game and this one is just awesome so far. So I've been playing a lot. Lol. I swear I'm gonna get back on track with reading though! Lol. 

Also, gotta post the obligatory pictures of my daughter on Christmas! She had a very good Christmas. She got gifts from lots of family. Mommy & daddy, grandma & grandpa (my parents), granddad and nana (James parents), great grandma & uncle (my grandma and uncle), and two of her great aunts (two of James wonderful aunts). One of her favorite toys though is actually one I got her. A ride on toy! The Minnie mouse airplane ride on! Also, forgive the mess in the photos. I took these right after opening presents so we hadn't cleaned up yet. 

She loves this thing!

She also really loves the train set her great Aunt Beth got her. Daddy loves trains and he's kinda passed that onto her. So she was excited to have a little set of her own (we're trying to figure out where nana and granddad moved daddy's huge Thomas set to in their garage or house, so she has a small set now til we find that!)

She loves saying choo choo when playing with her trains! Its seriously adorable!

Upcoming:
Review of Breaking The Ice by Julie Cross
Review of Warcross by Marie Lu
Review of Renegades by Marissa Meyer
A year (or few months for me) in review post

Some good stuff coming up. Also, I'll be posting a poll sometime in the next few weeks regarding a potential giveaway I might do in March that I'll want opinions on. So stay tuned for that! 

6 comments:

  1. I thought Warcross was great, and Renegades looks fun too. Glad you had a nice Christmas.

    Have a happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you got some great presents there! Warcross looks so shiny.
    Aaaw trains! Merijn likes trains too though he is still a tad too young to really play with them like that. But I have a big stack of train things like that from his first birthday just waiting to be played with haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter is so cute <3 I really hope to get Warcross and Renegades too.

    I hope you enjoy your new reads. Happy New Year!
    My STS: http://flippingthruthepages.com/2017/12/stacking-shelves-13-last-one-year-2017/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh! I got Renegades too! Glad you had a lovely Christmas!

    Here’s my Sunday Post!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog and join in this week’s Book Photo Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great books!!! Your Christmas sounds wonderful and the pics are great too! Happy New Year! 🎉

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to get back to the Walking Dead graphic novels. I stopped to watch the tv series first. Happy reading and new year!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)