Stacking The Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality as a way to share all the books we got during the week!

The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. Its a weekly post to showcase what books you got, recap the week, and talk about what will be coming up this week on the blog!

Mailbox Monday is hosted on its own site. It is there to show off the books acquired during the week!

Bought:

Red Queen (Red Queen #1) by Victoria Aveyard

It was on sale for kindle so I bought it since I was debating trying this series. 

Weekly Recap:

So I'm sorry I didn't get any of my reviews up, or any other posts for that matter (new releases was scheduled) this week. Suffice it to say, its been a VERY LONG WEEK. 

The Good:

I got my final grade back for those who have been waiting with me. I PASSED! I got an 86 on the final and I passed the class with an 89. So a high B. That means your girl here has officially earned her Associates degree!!

Daughter had her 3 year check up this week. Doctor says she's doing well and is still impressed at the amount of stuff she understands and comprehends (our doctor has said repeatedly that my daughter seems to be ahead when it comes to the amount of things understood at her age). And the tater tot is now 3 feet tall, 36 inches. She's definitely taking after dad (dad is 6ft). 

The Bad:

Thing #1: So last month I got my paperwork stating mine and my daughters health insurance had been renewed. Well, I was lied to. I got a notice on the 20th saying hers will be discontinued on the 31st. Mine was apparently renewed, but they failed to renew my daughters despite it saying clearly on my paperwork it had been. So I had to do the paperwork again to have hers renewed and hopefully it goes through before the 31st. 

Thing #2: So Christmas is coming. I had a few orders still on the way. So one was scheduled for the 20th. Fedex all of a sudden makes it a delivery exception and takes it back to the facility for inspection. We called about it, they said my package was damaged which is why they took it back. Well they did send it back out the 21st. Guess what... I got it and NO DAMAGE. The only issues with the box were that the corners had dents which normally happen in shipping. So I was lied to. AGAIN! 

Thing #3: My fiance (James) ordered a few things from my Amazon account for the 2 day prime shipping. Supposed to come in the 22nd. Well, it has a delay. No big deal, it got to Tucson like half an hour after the delay update. But then they update the scheduled delivery to Tuesday, the 26th. After Christmas. This package has gifts in it, hence using my 2 day shipping! So I call and set up a hold. 4 hours later they call me back and confirm I want to just go pick it up because WE ARE NOT WAITING TIL TUESDAY. So the UPS associate says it'll be ready for me to pick up in the morning. That should be the end of it right??? WRONG. As I write this it is almost 1AM on the 23rd (the day I'm supposed to pick up my package). So I check the tracking to make sure no hanky panky is going on. Hanky panky is going on... Despite me telling them and confirming I want to pick it up, they updated it back to delivery and its left the UPS facility I was supposed to pick it up at. And the delivery date has gone back to the 26th. Suffice it to say, I'M PISSED OFF. I spent 4 hours today getting it held for pickup for no reason apparently. Now I'm sitting here hoping it updates in the morning saying its either back at the facility or that it will actually be delivered today (the 23rd). 

Did you guys know its practically impossible to get a hold of someone at UPS and FEDEX. I literally could not find local numbers for either ANYWHERE. And their automated systems don't really help. 

So it's not been a good week. Its been problem after problem and I'm exhausted from this. But the funny thing about this. Everyone complains about the post office right?? They are the only ones actually delivering my packages this week like they are supposed to. Thankfully the mail carriers around here actually seem to care about doing their jobs correctly unlike the package carriers. 

Upcoming:
CHRISTMAS!!!! Merry Christmas in advance! I'll probably put up a cute little Christmas post on Christmas. :)
All the reviews I was going to do this week that mentioned issues have interfered with. 

No comments:

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)