So this past weekend was the 2014 Tucson Festival of Books! I went and had an absolutely blast! I got to meet some really amazing authors and hear some really awesome panels!

The Authors I Met!
Page Morgan (author of The Beautiful and The Cursed) and me! 
She was so nice and so excited to take pictures with people! It was awesome! :)

Ilsa J. Bick (author of Ashes) and me!
She is awesome! She was so enthusiastic about taking pictures with her fans! I also got to hear her talk in a panel on horror in children and teen books! Fantastic panel! 

Me and Aprilynne Pike (author of the Wings series)
She is so nice! I very much enjoyed hearing her talk about books and writing! I was very excited when I found out she was going to TFOB!

Suzanne Young (author of The Program) and me!
I was very excited to find out she was going to be at TFOB as well! She signs all the time at a book store in Phoenix but with college I don't have the time to take the 2 hour drive up there during the week. So I was very excited to finally get to meet her and get a book signed by her!!!!! :D She is so nice!

Panels!
Aprilynne Pike & Page Morgan
Page read a little bit out of The Beautiful and The Cursed and Aprilynne read a bit from her upcoming novel Sleep No More! They both then answered questions ranging from why they choose to write about what they write about, getting an agent, getting published, editing etc. It was really informative!

From left to right: Moderator, Ilsa J. Bick, R.L. Stine, Rich Wallace & Xavier Garza
The panel entitled Thrills and Chills: Spine-Tingling Tales talked about horror and scary type stories in children and teen books. Despite the fact that the panel was about scary and horror stories, it was actually really upbeat and the author got many laughs out of the audience with their stories!

Books!
My signed copy of A Need So Beautiful by Suzanne Young!

My signed copy of Ashes by Ilsa J. Bick!

Me!
Last but not least I have to thank my absolutely amazing boyfriend James for coming with me to the festival! He sat through all the panels with me and even enjoyed listening to them. He also took almost all the pics of me with authors! :)

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)