"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating.

Fracture
Author: Megan Miranda
Publication Date: January 3, 2012

Eleven minutes passed before Delaney Maxwell was pulled from the icy waters of a Maine lake by her best friend Decker Phillips. By then her heart had stopped beating. Her brain had stopped working. She was dead. And yet she somehow defied medical precedent to come back seemingly fine—despite the scans that showed significant brain damage. Everyone wants Delaney to be all right, but she knows she’s far from normal. Pulled by strange sensations she can’t control or explain, Delaney finds herself drawn to the dying. Is her altered brain now predicting death, or causing it?


Then Delaney meets Troy Varga, who recently emerged from a coma with similar abilities. At first she’s reassured to find someone who understands the strangeness of her new existence, but Delaney soon discovers that Troy’s motives aren’t quite what she thought. Is their gift a miracle, a freak of nature—or something much more frightening?

I saw this book on another blog and decided to look it up on Barnes and Noble and check out what it's about. The idea of coming back from being dead even for a couple minutes and with new abilities intrigued me. I definitely want to read this book when it comes out and find out more about why Delaney finds herself drawn to the dying.

What are you waiting on this week?

3 comments:

  1. Another great new debut author and book. I am really excited for next year. Great pick! New follower! :)

    My WOW: http://rachelreader.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday-22.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got this on my TBR list too. it does sound really good and creepy. great pick1

    my wow

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wooow this sounds really good! I'll definitely have to check it out! Thanks for sharing :) And thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)