Cover vs. Cover & US vs. UK are weekly memes hosted by a number of different people, I found out about it from As These Pages Fly. Its about comparing different covers of the same book.

This weeks covers are:

      The Old US Covers                                                                    The New US Covers



















This week I decided to compare the old and new US covers of the Uglies trilogy. Now I realized they changed the covers just recently. I re-read the Uglies trilogy to review but I actually never read Extras so I had to go buy the book. When I found the book I realized they made new covers for the entire series. So I have Uglies, Pretties, and Specials in the old cover and Extras in the new. Now I'm kinda mixed on what covers I'm a fan of and which ones I'm not. I really liked how all the old covers showed the faces and how they changed each time an operation was done. I do however like a few of the new covers for them. First of all I like how on Pretties they show the legs with the writing on them because it shows how they really changed your whole body when you become pretty. I also really like the new cover to Extras. I like how they show a close up of the eye and in general how beautiful and more filled with color it is. I feel like the other new covers seem kinda boring in color. This is easy for me. The old covers overwhelmingly win in my opinion. I feel like they pull you in more to wanting to read them.

No comments:

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)